Things we do to ensure your dog is safe and well during very hot weather:
- We choose our location very carefully and only walk our dogs in shaded locations.
- We try to offer a swim or dip in a natural water source to help keep the dogs cool.
- We always drive to our location and never ask your dog to walk on hot pavements.
- We travel with the air conditioning on.
- We always try to park in the shade.
- We have cooling mats in the vehicle to rest upon during the journey.
- We always supply fresh drinking water in our silicone fold-away bowls to each dog, at regular intervals.
- We pour un- drunk drinking water over your dogs neck rather than waste it.
- We have regular rest stops throughout the adventure.
- We may cut the time short to keep dogs safe who appear weary to the heat.
- We do not play or challenge your dog ( as we normally would in 'normal' weather conditions) as this tires the dog out even more.
- We do not adventure over a long distance, so we are close to the vehicle should we need to return quickly.
- We offer alternative garden play to brachy breeds (squashed face dogs) or early walks before the heat of the day where possible.
- Upon return home, we replenish your dogs water bowl if you are not in, or advise you that your dog needs more fresh water if you are in.
ENJOY THE SUNSHINE FOLKS......BUT LETS KEEP OUR BELOVED POOCHES SAFE IN THE SUN!